New Books

New Books
Small Creations

Friday, April 30, 2010

Carpe Diem




It was one of those days where I needed to create something different. I used the theme of 'Carpe Diem' - it went along with my mood - and created this accordion book. I used my scrabble letters and realized I had used up all the Rs and Ps in another project. It was okay because I was forced to engage my creativity to create these two letters. The first two pages of this book have an ink blot design which I turned into a sun dial. There is an envelope with fragments of a peacock feather. When pulling on the string a hand emerges from the envelope. I drew a sun goddess and on the following pages I wrote 'seize the day' in a number of different languages. The second last page has the tree of life in gold leaf and the final page has a real leaf with single words appropriate to Carpe Diem activities. This book was fun to create and I had a great sense of satisfaction when it was completed.