New Books

New Books
Small Creations

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Craft Fairs and Vernissage

Hi There I was able to complete this photo album/sketch book for the craft fairs.  I was at City Hall on April 29th and at the Britannia United Church on May 2.  My friend Catherine was visiting from Vancouver and helped me out.  We had a great day talking to visitors about the hand made books.
On May 6, I attended a vernissage at a new gallery in Westboro, called the Exposure Gallery, for contemporary Canadian Fine Art Photography.  The exhibit was on a Rare Book Series by photographer Chyrstia Mycyk.  The books, which are housed in the National Archives,  dated back to the 17th and 18th century.  Chyrstia captured the 'experience of living - the physical evidence of life' in the books and their owners.  A very interesting exhibit, especially for book lovers.